Sacramento Valley Collaborative
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Brandman University, 3001 Lava Ridge Court, Suite 250 (2nd floor), Room 136, Roseville, CA
The Collaborative is an open forum promoting the exchange of information and resources for the care of our military, veterans and families. Interested service providers, veteran organizations and community programs that provide support for active duty military, veterans, wounded warriors and military families are encouraged to attend. The Sacramento Valley Region includes Amador, El Dorado, Placer, Nevada, Yolo, Sutter, Yuba and Sacramento Counties. The meeting provides networking and an informational program to facilitate our working together.
10:00 a.m. Opening/Welcome – Bobbi Park, Sacramento Valley Local Interagency Network Coordinator, CalVet Connect and Carl W. Wiggins, Manager, Military & Veterans Relations, Brandman University (Chapman University System) Roseville, CA.
10:15 a.m. Self-introductions: (briefly state your name and organization.)
July 18th Guest
1) 10:30 a.m. Helen Justice, Advanced Wellness Geriatric Care Management and Edward W. Cotney, Family Wealth Counselor (FWC) and Certified Philanthropic Developer (CPhD). (30 minutes)
2) 11:00 a.m. Terry Morgan, Executive Director and Chaplain, Gold Country Chaplaincy – “2012 Placer County Stand Down.” (15 minutes)
3) 11:15 a.m. Mary Tendell, LMFT, Friends of Nevada County Military, Hire-A-Vet, Family Information and Support Gathering, Soldier’s Heart Retreat Volunteer – “Reducing barriers for treatment for combat veterans and families” (30 minutes)
11:45 a.m. Announcements: upcoming events, services, programs and resources focusing on health, housing, education, employment, finance and legal matters for veterans and families. (Please bring business cards and brochures to share.)
Thank you for your continued support of our veterans and their families!
2012 Sacramento Valley Collaborative Dates:
August 29th Guest Speakers:
1) Cydney Hansen, Institute of Technology.
2) Annie Desalerno, Norcal Paralympics.
3) Pamela Rasada, RN, PHN, California State Library, California Research Bureau Senior, Policy Analyst, Sacramento, CA. “Finding and Applying for Grant Funds.”
October 10th Guest Speakers:
1) Julie Laguardia, Women Health Program Manager, VA Northern California, Mather.
Guest Speakers still needed for October 10th.
NOTE: The November 21st, 2012 collaborative has been canceled. We will resume our collaboratives in early 2013 with dates for the year posted once confirmed. Contact email@example.com to get on the agenda.
Please distribute far and wide. Thank you for your help in spreading the word. Light breakfast goodies and coffee will be provided. RSVPs are greatly appreciated firstname.lastname@example.org
You may unsubscribe from this list at any time by sending a “signoff vetsacramento” or “unsubscribe vetsacramento” command in the body of an email to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.STATE.CA.GOV , do not include a subject line, or any other information in the body of the email. You will receive a confirmation email notifying you of your removal from the list.