COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT
Class specifications are intended to present a description list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
To provide support to resident users of the computer labs within the public housing sites; greet users, sign in and track usage. Monitor and oversee lab usage by participants during open hours.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision and takes direction from the Real Estate Services Supervisor or designee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION STATEMENTS
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 1. Provide computer lab support by assisting adult and youth residents in computer software programs which may include developing and administering training as needed.
- 2. Provide support by monitoring the activities within the computer lab to ensure proper use of the computer equipment; enforce posted standards of behavior, issue warnings and suspend computer lab use as needed.
- 3. Greet the adult and youth resident lab users and answer questions as they relate to the computer lab programs and activities; provide general information regarding computer lab policies and procedures.
- 4. Maintain records of user agreements and usage logs.
- 5. Report any hardware or software issues to Supervisor.
- 6. Operate standard office equipment including copiers, facsimile machines, and computer hardware and software programs as assigned.
- 7. Perform all duties in a safe and conscientious manner following the YCH Injury Illness and Prevention Guidelines, reporting all injuries within 24 hours to your supervisor or member of the management team; reporting any safety concerns to your supervisor, member of the management team, or member of the YCH safety committee.
- 8. Abide by the YCH Risk Control Policy Statement assuring the highest level of safety and well being of residents, tenants, employees, volunteers and visitors, abiding by all applicable laws and regulations which govern the health and safety of all, and employing risk control methods where feasible to prevent and control losses. Report any observed or reported health, safety, and risk concerns to your supervisor, a member of the management team, or member of the YCH risk control committee.
- 9. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required and/or assigned.
- · General office practices.
- · Typing and computer software programs used in labs.
- · Basic computer software including MSWord, Excel and Outlook.
- · Operation of standard office equipment.
- · Basic principles of record keeping and filing systems.
- · Monitor computer lab usage and engage in positive, appropriate relationships with adult and youth lab users.
- · Enforce computer lab rules and follow developed procedures and protocols.
- · Be an appropriate role model to youth lab users (appropriate behaviors, appearance, and dress).
- · Communicate with co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- · Operate a personal computer using various applications and related programs, including standard, as well as proprietary software.
- · Maintain confidentiality.
- · Follow policy and adhere to procedures.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain knowledge and abilities would be:
- · High school graduate or equivalent with training in typing, computer software programs and office practices equivalent to 6 months of general clerical experience.
Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time in an office environment. Have hand strength and the manual dexterity to operate keyboard equipment. Must be able to stretch, bend, and lift up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations for physical requirements will be considered and made on a case-by-case basis. Requests for reasonable accommodation can be made to the Resource Administrator.
- · If driving: Current automobile insurance in accordance with California law and, a valid California driver’s license, including a driving record acceptable to the YCH insurance company and insurable by YCH insurance carriers is preferred.
- · Provide required proof of legal right to work in the United States.
YoloCounty Housing is an equal opportunity employer.